WAIS-IV, WMS-IV, and ACS: Advanced Clinical Interpretation (Practical Resources for the Mental Health Professional)
This book provides users of the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale (WAIS-IV) with information on applying the WAIS-IV, including additional indexes and information regarding use in special populations for advanced clinical use and interpretation. The book offers sophisticated users of the WAIS-IV and Wechsler Memory Scale (WMS-IV) guidelines on how to enhance the clinical applicability of these tests.
The first section of the book provides an overview of the WAIS-IV, WMS-IV, and new Advanced Clinical Solutions for Use with the WAIS-IV/WMS-IV (ACS). In this section, examiners will learn:
- Normal versus atypical score variability
- Low-score prevalence in healthy adults versus clinical populations
- Assessing whether poor performance reflects a decline in function or is the result of suboptimal effort
New social cognition measures found in the ACS are also presented. The second part focuses on applying the topics in the first section to specific clinical conditions, including recommended protocols for specific clientele (e.g. using demographically adjusted norms when evaluating individuals with brain injury). Common clinical conditions are discussed, including Alzheimer’s disease, mild cognitive impairment, traumatic brain injury, and more. Each chapter provides case examples applying all three test batteries and using report examples as they are obtained from the scoring assistant. Finally, the use of the WAIS-IV/WMS-IV and the ACS in forensic settings is presented.
- Coverage of administration and scoring of WAIS-IV, WMS-IV and ACS
- Information contained on the use of WAIS-IV with special populations
- Case studies in each chapter
- Written by the creators of WAIS-IV, WMS-IV and ACS
Key Product Details
- Trade In Value Currency Code: USD
- Trade In Value Formatted Price: $14.36