Psychology Moment by Moment: A Guide to Enhancing Your Clinical Practice with Mindfulness and Meditation
As the research supporting mindfulness-based therapies grows, so does the demand for mental health professionals who can develop effective mindfulness-based treatment protocols suited to the needs of individual clients. Psychology Moment by Moment guides clinicians through the process of creating and applying mindfulness-based interventions for a variety of client populations and problems, session by session, to focus treatment even more and help clients make substantial progress.
You'll learn the best mindfulness techniques for the treatment of anxiety disorders, depression, chronic illness, pain, stress, and eating disorders, and apply these techniques in therapy, including child and couples therapy. This handbook also offers methods for measuring and documenting client mindfulness that have previously been available only to researchers. The mindfulness approach in this book can be used as a stand-alone treatment or may be incorporated into cognitive behavioral therapy, acceptance and commitment therapy, dialectical behavior therapy, and other therapeutic modalities.
- Integrate these evidence-based mindfulness techniques into your practice and learn why they work:
- Breathing exercises for deep relaxation
- Building mindful awareness and sensory exercises in daily activities
- Meditations for building present-moment awareness
- Yoga, body scan meditations, and other body awareness techniques