Practitioner's Guide to Using Research for Evidence-Based Practice
Praise for the previous edition
"An extraordinary and important book. Its approach toevidence-based practice (EBP) is very sound, realistic, andgenerous to the complexities of everyday practice. Reading andusing this book is a must."
—Haluk Soydan, PhD, School of Social Work, Universityof Southern California
"This book has the potential to change practice in the helpingprofessions. Rather than focusing on how to conduct research,Practitioner's Guide to Using Research for Evidence-BasedPractice instead shows readers how to understand theliterature.... [The] generous use of humor and the inclusion ofsimple, practice-relevant examples make this book a pleasure toread."
—Aron Shlonsky, PhD, Faculty of Social Work, Universityof Toronto
"I particularly like the integration of research methods andEBP; this is the book's major innovation in my mind as it allowsreaders to see the connections between research and practice. [Thebook] also succeeds by taking very complex EBP principles andexplaining them in practical terms."
—Jeffrey M. Jenson, PhD, Graduate School of SocialWork, University of Denver
Hands-on guidance for research-informed practice andpractice-informed research
Now in a second edition, Practitioner's Guide to UsingResearch for Evidence-Based Practice offers aclinician-oriented approach to appraising and using research aspart of the EBP process. This accessible guide presents essentialand practical guidance on how to integrate research appraisal intoEBP endeavors to determine which interventions, policies, andassessment tools are supported by the best evidence.
- Increased attention to macro-level EBP questions andstudies
- New discussion on defining EBP, including the addition of atransdisciplinary model of EBP
- More detailed guidance on EBP question formulation andconducting Internet searches, including the PICO framework
- New content on multivariate designs, including propensity scorematching, and on mixed-model and mixed-methods studies
Key Product Details
- Trade In Value Currency Code: USD
- Trade In Value Formatted Price: $26.20