Practicing Positive Psychology Coaching: Assessment, Activities and Strategies for Success
Written by Robert Biswas-Diener, a respected researcher,psychologist, life and organizational coach, and expert in positivepsychology, Practicing Positive Psychology Coaching presentsa wide range of practical interventions and tools you can put touse right away in your coaching practice.
Each intervention is clearly outlined and, where appropriate,illustrated by case studies from organizational and life coaching.Providing unique assessments that can be used to evaluate clientresources and goals, this practical guide introduces tools uniqueto this book that every professional can use in their practice,including:
- Findings from new research on goal commitment strategies,motivation, growth-mindset theory, and goal revision
- A decision tree for working specifically with Snyder's HopeTheory in the coaching context
- An easy-to-use assessment of "positive diagnosis," whichmeasures client strengths, values, positive orientation toward thefuture, and satisfaction
- Measures of self-esteem, optimism, happiness, personalstrengths, motivation, and creativity
- Guidance for leading clients through organizational and commonlife transitions including layoffs, leadership changes, universitygraduation, middle age, and retirement