Neuroscience of Clinical Psychiatry: The Pathophysiology of Behavior and Mental Illness
Neuroscience of Clinical Psychiatry: The Pathophysiology of Behavior and Mental Illness, Second Edition
Little information from this complex and evolving field of neuroscience has been readily accessible to the clinical psychiatrist on the front lines of patient care, let alone to the resident preparing for the Boards. There thus has existed a need for a concise and accessible text that builds a bridge between the two disciplines.
To meet this need, the fully updated Second Edition of this straightforward and reader-friendly reference provides readers with a basic link between the science of the brain and the treatment of common mental health disorders. Both comprehensive and easy to follow, this textbook is being used in psychology graduate programs, nurse practitioner training and psychiatry residencies. It is useful for board exam review as well as for the practicing clinician looking to keep pace with the latest advances in neuroscience.
The book’s clear and direct language will enhance your understanding of basic neuroscientific concepts underlying commonly encountered disorders, and the effects of brain chemistry on common behaviors. Practical applications, insightful illustrations, and review questions following each chapter help solidify your grasp of neuropathology and its link to mental health disorders and their treatment.
Explore the neurologic underpinnings of psychiatric disorders!
• Updated content lets you keep pace with recent advances.
• Straightforward discussions help you grasp complex concepts with ease.
• Concise presentation improves comprehension and retention of essential material.
• Abundant illustrations and tables provide vital information at a glance.
• End-of-chapter review questions offer abundant opportunities for self-paced review.
• Solution site with online access to fully searchable text.
Key Product Details
- Trade In Value Currency Code: USD
- Trade In Value Formatted Price: $18.75