Handbook of Clinical Psychology in Medical Settings: Evidence-Based Assessment and Intervention
Description of Handbook of Clinical Psychology in Medical Settings:...
We are now offering the well-reviewed Handbook of Clinical Psychology in Medical Settings: Evidence-Based Assessment and Intervention at a great price.
Growing recognition of the role of behavioral health in overall health, the rise of health psychology, the trend toward interdisciplinary medicine--any number of factors have made clinical psychology an integral part of integrative care. Its applicability to the range of specialties, populations, and levels of care adds to its increasing necessity in diverse healthcare settings.
The Handbook of Clinical Psychology in Medical Settings emphasizes evidence-based care and practical strategies for hands-on work with patients while illuminating the unique aspects of the practice of psychology within medical settings.
Skills are examined in depth for more effective work with patients, more efficient teamwork with colleagues, and better functioning within medical settings, whether readers are involved in primary, secondary, or tertiary care or prevention. Chapters also focus on ethical, legal, and financial issues, as well as changes needed in training programs to ensure that the field keeps up with the evolution of care systems and service delivery. Included in the Handbook 's forward-looking coverage:
- Psychology and population health.
- Core competencies for success in medical settings.
- Evidence-based practice--and practice-based evidence.
- Marketing health psychology, both within and outside the medical setting.
- Competency for diverse populations.
- Plus chapters devoted to specific specialties and settings, from cardiology to women's health.
Comprehensive yet highly readable, the Handbook of Clinical Psychology in Medical Settings is a practice-building resource for health psychologists, clinical psychologists, and primary care physicians.
Key Product Details
- Trade In Value Currency Code: USD
- Trade In Value Formatted Price: $39.65