Drugs & Behavior (7th Edition)
An up-to-date overview of behavioral pharmacology.
Drugs & Behavior starts with descriptions of basic pharmacological concepts of drug administration and pharmacokinetics, research methodology including clinical trials, tolerance and withdrawal, drug conditioning, addiction processes, and the neuroscience of drug action. Each chapter applies these concepts to different classes of recreational and therapeutic drugs.
Each chapter also includes a section on the history of the drug class being described to place the drugs in their historical and social context. The text is written to be understandable to students without a background in pharmacology, neuroscience, or psychology.
Upon completing this book, readers should be able to:
- Understand the behaviors of people who use drugs as medicine and for recreation
- Understand new trends and developments in pharmacology
- Identify the subjective, behavioral, and neurological differences between the use of both classes of drug
Key Product Details
- Trade In Value Currency Code: USD
- Trade In Value Formatted Price: $41.24