Cross-Cultural Psychology: Critical Thinking and Contemporary Applications (5th Edition)
Provides a comprehensive overview with focus on critical thinking.
The fifth edition continues a focus on applying critical thinking framework in examining, analyzing, and evaluating psychological data. With significant rewriting, new topics, and updated references, this text keeps pace with the rapidly changing conditions of modern times. The dynamic team brings a unique set of experiences and perceptions in writing this book
Upon completing this book, readers should be able to:
- Better understand the field of cross-cultural psychology
- Understand contemporary theories and research in cross-cultural psychology
- Use critical thinking to examine, analyze, and evaluate the field of cross-cultural psychology
- Assist current and future practitioners from a wide variety of fields and services
Bundle with MySearchLab with eText: 0205844677 / 9780205844678
New to this Edition
- Current cross-cultural research including ethnic and religious identity, psychological effects of globalization, spirituality, cross-cultural communication, evolutionary anthropology.
- A broader selection of applied problems such as avoiding stereotypes and psychodiagnostic biases, reducing mistakes in facial recognition, improving effectiveness of classroom learning, and many others.
- A greater interdisciplinary perspective, using research from contemporary psychology, as well as neurophysiology, genetics, anthropology, sociology, and micro-economics.
- An expanded companion website, which provides additional information for instructors and students.
- More than 130 new reference sources and new research data related to a diverse array of ethnic groups.
- A new and expanded test bank for instructors, which includes a comprehensive selection of questions for every chapter and ready-to-use-quizzes.
- A critical thinking framework, including "Critical Thinking" boxes and tables, provide practice in developing learning skills.
- More than thirty high-interest activities and exercises provide students ample opportunity for active learning and enhanced comprehension.
- "A Case in Point" sections review and illustrate controversial issues, display cases and research findings, and introduce various opinions about human behavior in different cultural contexts.
- "Cross-Cultural Sensitivity" boxes underscore the importance of empathy in interpersonal communication.
- Relevant quotations from a wide range of sources provide divergent points of view, pique readers' interest, and inspire critical thinking.