Clinical Interviewing: 2012-2013 Update
"It is a delight to see the Fourth Edition of Sommers-Flanagans's excellent work. They understand counseling and therapy, their writing is clear, and this book will be enjoyed by students and faculty alike."
—Allen E. Ivey, EdD, ABPP, Professor Emeritus, University of Massachusetts Amherst
Updated with a new accompanying DVD—The classic text presenting practical strategies for conducting effective interviews—now reflecting the latest interviewing guidelines
Updated to reflect the emerging field of online and other non–face-to-face interventions, Clinical Interviewing, Fourth Edition 2012–2013 Update blends a personal and easy-to-read style with a unique emphasis on both the scientific basis and interpersonal aspects of interviewing. John and Rita Sommers-Flanagan thoroughly explore clinical interviewing—from the very basics of listening to the latest skills needed as a practitioner.
Now with a new accompanying DVD illustrating interviewing skills and common interviewing situations, this Updated Edition adds:
- A new chapter covering non–face-to-face assessment and interviewing via email, telephone, texting, videoconferencing/Skype, instant messaging, and online chatting
- New structured interview protocol with step-by-step guidance through a mental status examination—whether face-to-face or not
- Guidance on the evidence base, treatment outcomes, and ethical issues for non–face-to-face assessment and intervention
Complete with real-world case examples, Clinical Interviewing, Fourth Edition 2012–2013 Update equips readers with a realistic yet intuitive guide to mastering the skills necessary to be an effective interviewer today.
Instructor Site: www.wiley.com/go/clinicalinterviewing
Student Resource Site: www.wiley.com/go/clinicalinterviewing
Key Product Details
- Trade In Value Currency Code: USD
- Trade In Value Formatted Price: $4.35